Re: Netware Vs NT with Oracle

From: Neil Butterton <neilb_at_missing-link.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/21

In article <5qr8mm$pp0$0_at_207.51.148.50>,

   "Wilson Zhang" <wzhang_at_kbg.com> wrote:
>Oracle doesn't support Netware any more acoording to my sales rep. The
>last version is 7.2.
>So Nt seems to be the choice.
>

>Wilson

This is actually inaccurate - the last installation we did of Oracle on Netware was 7.3.2, though I guess this may have moved forward since - consult the Oracle Web page for latest version.
Also, we have found Oracle on Netware faster than it's counterpart on NT, particularly when setting up replication.

NB Do not get me wrong though, I don't necessarily favour NW above NT, more probrably like some many other comments, Unix would be my choice for stability.

Neil.