Re: LISTENER STOPS.

From: Roy Klassen <rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/07/14

I've had a similar problem on Windows NT. We had trouble with the SPX connections. It seem that after a while, the Listener would not accept SPX connections. It seemed like the Listener had stopped, but our TCP/IP connections were not affected.

I called Oracle and I was told it was a bug. We were running Oracle 7.3 and SQL*Net 2.3, so we could not upgrade. So our solution was to convert everyone to TCP/IP. Everything worked fine after that.

My suggestion to you, is to upgrade. If you are using SPX, join the crowd and use TCP/IP instead ( even Novel users can use TCP/IP). SQL*Net connections are more reliable on TCP/IP.

Roy Klassen rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca

qutub_at_hotmail.com wrote in article <868704406.14626_at_dejanews.com>...