Re: [Q]log_archive_dest?

From: Margaret Pitts <mpitts_at_saturn.mincom.oz.au>
Date: 1997/07/14

On 9 Jul 1997, Earvin C. Lim wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I try to run a database in archive mode, so I put
>
> log_archive_dest = /usr/local/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/dbs/arch
>
> in the config file;
>
> However the database failed to startup, it complains that it couldn't
> interpret the string "/usr/local/app/..."
> Can someone tell me how to specify the archive log destination?
> Thanks a lot!!

I don't know if this will help at all, but the format of the ARCHIVE_LOG_DEST parameter changed between 7.2 and 7.3.

For example:
If you had log_archice_dest = /usr/oracle/arch

in 7.2 the archives are created in the /usr/oracle directory with a name of arch_nnnn.arc

in 7.3 the archives are created in the /usr/oracle/arch directory with a name of _nnnn.arc

So in your senario, you would need to have a directory created: /usr/local/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/dbs/arch

Marg.

--
 mailto:mpitts_at_mincom.com       |  | |  |  |  |     Mincom Pty Ltd
 Systems Consultant - Unix      |M |I|N |C |O |M   ACN 010 087 608