Re: [Q]log_archive_dest?

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_oz.quests.com>
Date: 1997/07/11

It really depends on theplatform you're on. In unix, the log_archive_dest is the prefix, whereas in NT it is the actual path. Also, in NT, it doesn't complain about incorrect syntax or invalid path. It simply dies with "ORA-00130 (I think): end of communication" when trying to startup. We were offline for 10+ minutes trying to figure this out.