Oracle - Transactions !

From: Zoran Ivanovich <zorani_at_waldonet.net.mt>
Date: 1997/06/27

Hi,
my last posting regarding nested transactions, received no reply, therefore I'm trying againg, with some more info.

We are developing C/S application using ORACLE 7.x as our main RDBMS. We have Client application (VB + C + ODBC), and Server portion (PL/SQL).

Main processing is executing on the Client, calling different PL/SQL functions on the Server. All this is running under one transactions. Any problem is rolling back entire process.

So far so good.

But, we need, from time to time, to update few tables with current log information, security, sequence numbers, … All this should run as parallel transaction, or as nested transaction.

Is there any way to have this functionality (within PL/SQL), something like:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Zoran Ivanovic
RS/2 International Ltd. Received on Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT