Re: utl_file package on oracle 7.3

From: Roberto Bruno <rbruno_at_centroin.com.br>
Date: 1997/06/19

<HTML>

Nandan Shah wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I am trying to figure out a way of generating log
files - other than
<BR>using dbms_output stored package. I did notice that oracle now has
<BR>utl_file stored package - has anybody used this package? If so, are
<BR>there any limitations on using it like filesize etc?

<P>Nandan Shah
<BR>nshah_at_ctp.com</BLOCKQUOTE>

&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>Well, the worst thing I know about it is that any DIRECTORY (that's
right, directory, not file) you have to acces through it is available with user ORACLE's permission to any other application (or smart user) that has access to the package. If you can live with that (or go round it using custom functions that call it with some security schema of <U>your design</U>), well, it works.</HTML> Received on Thu Jun 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT