Re: utl_file package on oracle 7.3

From: Melisa Mrazik <mmrazik_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/06/16

We've been using this package for a simple file creation of a formated data file that is never larger than 500 K so I'm not sure if there is a file size limitation. We did learn, however, that you have to set the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter in the init.ora file to a writeable directory in order to create a file first.

Hope this is some help!
Melisa