Re: Easy question

From: Sven Barzanallana <sbarzan_at_greyhound.com>
Date: 1997/06/18

Olaf Musch wrote:

> Detlev Goebel wrote:

> > if you'll write scripts take care about it.
> >
> > Otherwise I'm sure there are some tools anywhere in the net to do this.

One other possible way is to use Oracle's export and import utilities. First, you export the object definitions you need without the row data. The following exports objects owned by 'user'

exp system/manager file=test.dmp owner=user rows=n indexes=y constraints=y

Then you use the import utility using the indexfile option:

imp system/manager file=test.dmp fromuser=user touser=user indexfile=buildit.sql

This will build a SQL script (buildit.sql) which will contain the SQL statements needed to build the tables and indexes targetted. Note that the CREATE TABLE statements will be REM'ed, so you will have to edit the script. This option is generally used to give you a script you can use to rebuild indexes.

It can get kind of messy, but it's a start.

Sven Barzanallana
Lead Oracle DBA
Greyhound Lines, Inc. Received on Wed Jun 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT