Re: Easy question

From: Olaf Musch <Olaf.Musch_at_gzs.de>
Date: 1997/06/10

Detlev Goebel wrote:

> if you'll write scripts take care about it.
>
> Otherwise I'm sure there are some tools anywhere in the net to do this.
> Perhaps anyone else can provide some URL's.

Hugo, Detlev

on the Oracle Website

http://www.oracle.com

there is a download area for free and demo software and there you'll find a demo version of the Oracle Database Designer. This little thing (about 3 Megs) is capable of reengineering a DB (including ER-Model and Create-Scripts). The limitation of the Demo version is at 10 tables at a time. So this is at least a small help.

If you look for scripts, check out the code depot of

http://www.oramag.com

there are a few reengineering-scripts that are able to create the create-scripts for existing tables.

Try it.

Greetings

Olaf

--

Dipl.-Inform. Olaf Musch

GZS mbH Gesellschaft für Zahlungssysteme
Unternehmensbereich Processing
Abt. AE - CS
Theodor-Heuß-Allee 80
60486 Frankfurt