Data Warehouse/BMI Help

From: Shivakumar Gopalakrishnan <shiva_at_one.net>
Date: 1997/06/17

I am currently working on Financial Data Warehousing phase one, which consists of GL Data only. I have the task of loading 5 years worth of history Data which is actually from the IBM Mainframe.

Currently, we are having a ODS table which has all the Transactions. The Fact Tables are populated from this ODS table. This table has the potential to grow up to 9million rows.

We have not partitioned this table. We are trying to partition the table later as we have a stiff deadline.

I would like someone to point out to me the risks involved in this.

Also, what is exactly required to enable BMI.

Any help is appreciated Received on Tue Jun 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT