Re: Data Warehouse/BMI Help

From: Simon J Moore <moores_at_sequent.com>
Date: 1997/06/20

To use bitmap indexes you need a minimum of Oracle 7.3 with parallel query option installed.

9 million rows is not too much for a single table unless the rows are quite long. It's best to partition on something that is fixed - like time - and avoid something like company structure which can change.

You can partition using check constraints or by using the SQL of the union all view. I prefer the latter as it has no overhead when loading data.