Multiple Cursors in PL/SQL?

From: Michael Fanelli <mfanelli_at_dimensional.com>
Date: 1997/06/14

This is really strange! I have a small piece of PL/SQL code that has two explicit cursors. There are two loops: the outer loop fetches records from cursor 1, the inner loop fetches records from cursor two based on the results from cursor 1. The inner loop always does a CLOSE before exiting back to the outer loop.

The problem is that I keep getting a "cursor already open" error on the inner loop. I have tried putting a "IF C2%ISOPEN ...." to close the cursor right before I open it again. Yet, nothing helps.

The only reason I can come up with (and it does seem unlikely) is that PL/SQL can only have one cursor open at a time. Is this true? Thanks!

                        mike

mfanelli_at_dimensional.com Received on Sat Jun 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT