SQLCODEs - Oracle VS DB2

From: Doug Loewen <doug.loewen_at_ubc.ca>
Date: 1997/06/05

I am looking for a document that tells me the diffenences in SQLCODEs between Oracle & DB2. IE (1) in Oracle a Data Not Found returns 1403 and in DB2 it returns 100. (2) in Oracle a Duplicate Key results in -1, in DB2 it results in -803.

Background: We are converting an application from IDMS/COBOL, IDMS/ADSO to CICS/COBOL/Oracle. The company that is providing this services has never ported to Oracle before but has to DB2. We have gotten around the Data not found problem by compiling our COBOL programs with the ANSI14 option. But this has left us with the Duplicates problem.

At this point I am going to suggest to the company that they generate a check for -1 when checking for duplicates. But I would still like to find a document for future got me's

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Doug Loewen, Senior Technical Analyst, University Computing Services
The University of British Columbia, 6356 Agricultural Road,
Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 1Z2
Phone: (604) 822-4314    Fax: (604) 822-5116   Email: Doug.Loewen_at_ubc.ca