Re: Oracle Transparent Gateway to AS/400 - processes on AS/400

From: Stuart Feigin <sfeigin_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/06/04

kurt.verstichel_at_advalvas.be wrote:

> The first time I' am trying to access a DB2 table, the Transparent Gateway
> software on my AS/400 is starting up some processes. I think these
> processes are 'serving' my Oracle SQLNet.
>
> My question is : how long are these processes up and running on my AS/400.
> Do they keep on running as long as my Oracle session is still up, or are
> they disappearing after some (and how much) time ?

One gateway process is started on the AS/400 when your Oracle server first uses the database link. It will continue to run as long as the database link is active on the server. If your Oracle session uses more than one database link, it is possible that the server may disconnect the older links when newer ones are started. Look at the DISTRIBUTED_TRANSACTIONS and OPEN_LINKS parameters in the server's INIT.ORA file.

--
Stuart Feigin
Oracle Corp.

Nothing I say represents the revealed wisdom of Oracle Corporation.
Larry does that.