Re: trace files for Background processes.

From: Steve Adams <steveadams_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1997/06/03

Hello Rajiv,

On Unix, the backgrounds keep their open file descriptors on the files even though you have deleted them. The delete is actually just an unlink from the filesystem. Processes that have the files open are not affected, and the file space is not reused until the count of open handles on the file/s drops to zero.
You may be able to fix the situation by diabling tracing on the background pids using oradbx and then re-enabling it. Otherwise, I suspect you will have to bounce the database to restore things to normal.

HTH, Steve Adams