Temp and Redo questions ?????

From: Bill <bill_at_NOSPAM.asplund.com>
Date: 1997/06/02

I am running a canned application on Oracle 7.1.6. I presently have all of my tablespaces on RAID 5. I am planing on moving my temp and redo log tablespaces off of the RAID 5 device. I am looking for some recommendations !!!!!

Will it be ok to put both my temp and redo log tablespaces on one disk ? The disk would be an internal drive so it would be on the same controller as the root vg but a different controller than the RAID 5 device ? ( there is nothing but Oracle running on this box)

Is it suggested to put my redo logs on a device with no redundancy ? What are the recovery issues related to the redo logs ?

Should I mirror the disk ? Is it worth the write penalty ?

Or should I just keep everything up on RAID 5 ?

Any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated !!!!!

TIA !!

Bill Timm
Asplundh Tree Expert Co.
voice:	(215) 784-1457