Oracle 7.3, NT4.0 Archive Log destination is a network drive -> not possible?

From: Thomas Greuter <grth1_at_zh.swissptt.ch>
Date: 1997/06/02

Hi,

We have a problem with the archive log destination if it is a network drive & path:

SVRMGR> alter system archive log start to 'p:\orant\database'; ORA-00256: error occurred in translating archive text string 'p:\orant\database'
ORA-09291: sksachk: invalid device specified for archive destination OSD-04018: Unable to access the specified directory or device. (OS 5) SVRMGR> NT4.0 account is administrator
Oracle account is internal
Network drive p: account is ABCUSER

The network drive & path is visible in explorer, but oracle seems not to see it. It looks like a security problem.

Q: What account & privs has to be set on either Oracle-Server or File-Server side?

We tried to open the share completly, but the "alter system.." didn't work.

Thanks for every hint,

Thomas Greuter
Swiss Telecom PTT Received on Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT