comments in the database. How to avoid/remove?

From: Cast, Lda <cast_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: 1997/05/21

I have a database created via sql scripts. These scripts are commented like:
  create table xpto
   ( a number, -- this is a number
     b varchar2(100) -- this is another thing     );

When I exported the database and imported to another tablespace, I've got an error like "missing right parentesis". The problem is the -- comment, and the format of the export, where everything is a single line, so after the first -- everything is a comment.

How can I export the tables without the comments ? Or, how can I import without the errors ?   (even if I import with "ignore errors", still have a blocking error) Or, how can I remove the comments from the table definition in the database?

I'm using Oracle Server 7.3.2.2.0 (almost upgrading to 7.3.2.3)

Thanks in advance

Jose Raposo
Cast, Lda Received on Wed May 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT