Re: Error code ORA-12203

From: Tomas Rimsten <dat94trn_at_idt.mdh.se>
Date: 1997/05/20

ORA-12203 TNS:Unable to connect to destination

Cause	Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening. This
	error can also occur because of underlying network transport problems

Ation	Verify that the service name you entered on the command line was
correct. (one usualy does)
	Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node and that
the address parameters specified in TNSNAMES.ORA are correct.

 Little bit of ORACLE message manual about the error message.

 Tomas