Re: DBA on Oracle 7.3.2 with NT 4.0

From: Charles C. Howe <chowe_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/05/16

Tomas Rimsten wrote:

> History
>
> For the first time I'm configuring Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0, som I'm not an
> experienced DBA.
>
> The network consist five computes and one of them should be set up to be
> server for Oracle and the other will be set as client.
>
> Question
>
> Is there any good book out there were one can get information on how to
> set up Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0. What I mean is that one can easely find
> operating system non specific information concerning the subject, but that
> is not what I need because that information I already know.
>
> Or can some one tell me how do I configure Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0 ?
>
> Tomas Rimsten
> dat94trn_at_bilbo.mdh.se
> Progressive Programming Partner In Sweden

Thomas,

Welcome to Bill Gate's World.!! We had the same problem. There are no good books we have found. BUT....

The installation guide that you get with Oracle is a big help. There are NT registry listed that you MUST insert with regedit32. This book helped us get HOME from the funny farm on this install.

We have no formal training in NT, but have installed UNIX-based Oracle on numerous occasions. To date we have installed O on NT three times - it was hairy and you need to thoroughly know your hardware and how your apps will tune on NT.

Charlie Howe
chowe_at_flash.net Received on Fri May 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT