Re: Data Warehousing

From: Robert H. Eisner <rheisner_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/05/15

murali_at_jps.net wrote:

> I am working on a project that involves migration from
> a HP ALLBASE Data warehousing system to Oracle 7.3. Has
> anyone participated in a similar project? If so, I would
> like to share their experiences.
>
> What are the best migration tools available in the market?
>
> Which init.ora parameters needs special attention in a data
> warehousing environment. The database size is expected
> to be close to 10 GB (for now)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murali

Hi Murali,

The TRIMtools product line from Trifox, Inc can be used to migrated your ALLBASE Data warehousing system to Oracle 7.3.

TRIMtools are an integrated set of development tools for database and data management applications. TRIMtools enable professional developers to build high performance business applications in a high productivity environment. By interfacing to VORTEX, these applications can interoperate with a variety of commercial relational database management systems (RDBMSs). TRIMtools offer a database application development environment that combines the productivity of a 4GL with the power and flexibility of a 3GL. TRIMtools can support an enterprise-wide application where development is spread across multiple incompatible hardware and software platforms.

Please see http://www.trifox.com/j/trim/index.html for more details on the TRIMtools product line.

Regards,

Bob Eisner
408-369-2392 Received on Thu May 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT