PL/SQL problem

From: Silvercup <dpierce_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: 1997/05/12

Hi there,

   I have what I think is a simple problem, but where I am new to Oracle,
I'll ask anyway.

   How can I call a 'normal' SQL statement save in an ASCII text file from PL/SQL, with parameters?

   For example, I have:

   DECLARE
        filename CHAR(XX);

   BEGIN       Do something here to create a spool filename;

      call a SQL statement which does a select, and spools result to
	filename;

   END;    Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

--
David J. Pierce                     | "Life is what happens to you,
Programmer Consultant               |  while your busy making other