Re: Opinions Wanted on Oracle for NT

From: Mike McLeish <mcleish_at_chatsoft.com>
Date: 1997/05/05

Mark Wagoner wrote:

.
<much religious debate over email, remote file transfer, etc. deleted> .

> As I said, the capabilities are very similar between NT and Unix, just the

Yes, after you purchase MKSTools, and several hundred $$ worth of non-MS software tools!

> scale at which they can be delivered. If you would put your emotions aside
> and actually try an NT box, you would see that it is Unix's baby brother.

Baby is right: juvenile, immature, impotent, lots of baby-fat, and inadequate.

All emotions aside, I've had first hand experience with BOTH platforms. We are replacing our NT server immediately with a UNIX box.

Mike McLeish Received on Mon May 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT