Q: How to make passwords expire in Oracle 7.1?

From: Mike Carmack <mr_worf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

In Oracle 7.1, I can find no way to make passwords expire and force users to create new ones. Am I missing something, or is it really not there?

If not, I'll have to do it manually by storing the last password change date for each user in a table and checking if it is expired in code. So is there any way launch a PL/SQL block whenever a user logs in, sort of like a DOS autoexec.bat file? This is the sort of action I want to centralize in the server if possible rather than have each application be responsible for it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Michael Carmack
Database Administrator
Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission rsc_mbc_at_ohio.gov

    http://www.sexzilla.com Search, Read, Post to Usenet