Re: Q: How to make passwords expire in Oracle 7.1?

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/04/29

Mike Carmack wrote:

> In Oracle 7.1, I can find no way to make passwords expire and force
> users to create new ones. Am I missing something, or is it really not
> there?
>
> If not, I'll have to do it manually by storing the last password
> change date for each user in a table and checking if it is expired in
> code. So is there any way launch a PL/SQL block whenever a user logs
> in, sort of like a DOS autoexec.bat file? This is the sort of action
> I want to centralize in the server if possible rather than have each
> application be responsible for it.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

You would have to wait for the next generation of SQL*Net (Net 8) coming out with Oracle 8 this summer.

Cheers,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"