Re: WebServer general question

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com.no.spam.please>
Date: 1997/04/19

You are correct, in that Oracle WebServer 2.1 supports execution of Java on the server, via a Java cartridge. It really isn't clear, when you ask about Oracle WebServer supporting Java on the client side, as this is now really a function of the client.

Since you don't have it in house yet, I would encourage you to check out the following URL's:

        http://www.oracle.com/products/web/prods_sols/

	You can check out and/or download WebServer 2.1 or
	Web Application Server 3.0.

	http://govt.us.oracle.com/

	In the "Downloadable Utilities" section, you'll see a
	variety of free tools and code that can help you quickly
 	understand and exploit the Oracle WebServer products.

Good luck!

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:20:27 GMT, "Dun & Bradstreet Software" <lfarr_at_dbsoftware.com> wrote:

>I am new to Oracle WebServer and I am just trying to find out some general
>information about it. We don't have the product in house yet.
>
>Does Oracle WebServer support JAVA on the server side or only on the client
>side?
>
>I see that WebServer 2.1 has a Java Interpreter. Does this mean that it
>supports server side execution?
>
>Thanks in advance for the info
>
>Linda
>--
>LFARR_at_geac.com

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sat Apr 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT