Is it possible to install WebServer on NT and DB engine on UNIX?

From: Steve Lai <felai_at_cis.csuohio.edu>
Date: 1997/04/17

Hi,

I am trying to install WebServer 2.1 on NT 3.51, and the backend Oracle database version 7.3.2.2 is on another AIX box in the same LAN, is it doable?

Ideally, the WebServer will go through TNS service and provide HTTP service base on this, but the installation never succeed, I DID setup the OWA_DBA and OWA_DEFAULT_SERVICE DCD's, but I still cannot use this server browse the DB instance on the AIX box.

Makes me wondering: Is this doable?

Any comments and indications where should I look online for help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

By the way, I know it does not make a lot of sense, but I HAVE TO install these two server on different boxes, at least for now.

--

Steve Lai
felai_at_cis.csuohio.edu

Greeting from Cleveland, OHIO. Have a good day !