Re: Trigger question

From: Keystroke <keystrk_at_feist.com>
Date: 1997/04/17

On 15 Apr 1997 16:41:50 GMT, jim_at_jpcr.com (Jim Pistrang) wrote:

>If I simply call the Procedure passing a key, it works fine. But when I
>enable the trigger and update the PO_LINE table I get an error saying
>'table is mutating, trigger/function may not see it...'. It seems to be
>saying that I can't do a sum() in a Stored Procedure on a record that's
>being updated. I thought I could do this sort of thing...what am I doing
>wrong?

I, too, think this tactic of Oracle's to guarantee database integrity is a pretty cheap 'out' on their part. Whats to prevent the DBMS from rolling back the update initiated by the trigger as well as the insert/update/or delete to the PO_LINE table? Huh? Huh?

Nothing that I can see. Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT