Trigger question

From: Jim Finch <jbfinch_at_akron.infi.net>
Date: 1997/04/23

I have a question about triggers in oracle. Here goes:

Can you run a trigger that acts on table in a delete mode where the action of the trigger does a select on the same table where you are deleting a row?

What I have is a Peoplesoft table that has a date field on it. I want to track when users delete rows but only if the row they delete is the most current.

I've tried but with no sucess. It compiles but fails durring execution.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Finch
jbfinch_at_akron.infi.net Received on Wed Apr 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT