SQL*NET & OCI?

From: Bompa <tomas.gustafsson_at_mbox303.swipnet.se>
Date: 1997/04/16

Since 5 months we have an Oracle 7.2.2 database running an economy system under HP-UX 9.04, and we´re now in the process of converting all our systems from a mainframe to Oracle.
Our construction department have 15-20 HP-UX workstations that needs to retrieve/insert data from the server via in-house developed C++ programs.

Is it correct that this is accomplished by running SQL*NET and OCI on the workstations, and is it possible to install only these 2 products from the Oracle 7.2.2 server CD?

Any hints about this?

/Dalton. Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT