Re: www.microsoft.com cant handle the load ?

From: Tom Wheeley <tomw_at_tsys.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/14

In article <slrn5ktr6p.1j3.c_chaos_at_chaosnet.wahnapitae.on.ca>

           seagull_at_osiris.isys.ca "Andrew Costa" writes:

> In article <5ikug3$2td_at_marina.dei.unipd.it>, Carrer Yuri 341353/IF wrote:
> >In article <1997Apr10.060934.780_at_rumba.m.isar.de>,
> >Konstantinos Agouros <elwood_at_rumba.m.isar.de> wrote:
> >>I am not sure, that this really is a IIS. I talked to an eye-whitness (I know
> >>nothing about his reliability) who saw the servers for the German msn.
> >>If you connect to this servers they claim to be IIS's. Reality is, there is
> >>a tower of Sparc-Ultras, which run an apache that is patched to say it's an
> >>IIS. Maybe the same is true for microsoft.com.
> >
> > mmm Is there an Apache expert that could check this? I mean, is there not a
> > option to check this? Are the error code the same?
>
> ...and isn't it rather illegal? Could the Apache people have a reason to
> bring some sort of action here if it can be proven?

from /usr/doc/apache/copyright

5. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following

   acknowledgement:
   "This product includes software developed by the Apache Group    for use in the Apache HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org)."

of course, is there any restriction on the first thing a program sends when something connects to port 80? The above message could be in a README file on the ms server.

--
:sb)