Personal Oracle7 instance creation

From: Brian Gastineau <bgastine_at_giveblood.org>
Date: 1997/04/14

I'm having difficulty using Personal Oracle7 on Windows95. The product documentation seems to indicate that after completing the installation, all that is necessary to do is to fire up Oracle Navigator. This application comes up, but when I try to look into the data base, the Start Database program fires and returns with a "ORA-12154 Can not attach to Oracle7" error. I found a build_db.sql and create_db.sql scripts that I think should be run to initiate the instance, but I get similar errors when I try those from svrmgr. I have a strong feeling that I am missing a major step in the process, but have not yet found any documentation to guide me.

Any pointers on finding appropriate documentation or the portions of the process that I am apparently missing would be greatly appreciated.

I can attach to remote databases. Part of the documentation I am looking for might include appropriate instructions for changing the sqlnet.ora and/or tnsnames.ora files.

Thanks,
Brian Gastineau
bgastine_at_giveblood.org Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT