Re: Truncate problem

From: mlarson <mdlarson_at_brain.uccs.edu>
Date: 1997/04/04

Try giving the role "DROP ANY TABLE" privs. It seems like this worked for me awhile ago. Email me if it works.

Matt
mdlarson_at_mail.uccs.edu

Steve Main wrote:

  Hey gang,

  I have run into a problem that is probably documented somewhere but   I can't
  find it.

  I create a table "stores" as owner1
  I create a public synonym "synstores" for table stores.

  I then grant a role to owner2 that has, among others "delete any   table" as
  one of it's permissions.

  the problem is owner2 can "see" the stores table but can't truncate   the
  table without qualifying it.

  ex: as owner2

  desc synstores; OK

  truncate table synstores; Fails with table or view does not exist

  truncate table owner1.stores OK

  Does anyone know why this works this way ? Am I setting this up   wrong ?

  Thanks

  Steve Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST