Truncate problem

From: Steve Main <smain_at_cnw.com>
Date: 1997/04/02

Hey gang,

I have run into a problem that is probably documented somewhere but I can't find it.

I create a table "stores" as owner1
I create a public synonym "synstores" for table stores.

I then grant a role to owner2 that has, among others "delete any table" as one of it's permissions.

the problem is owner2 can "see" the stores table but can't truncate the table without qualifying it.

ex: as owner2

desc synstores; OK

truncate table synstores; Fails with table or view does not exist

truncate table owner1.stores OK

Does anyone know why this works this way ? Am I setting this up wrong ?

Thanks

Steve Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST