Re: Bugs in Oracle 7.3.2

From: James Powrie <jp_at_manip.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/03

We have also encountered bugs with 7.3.2 on HPUX, We have had a patch related to recompilation of packages and are currently stuck with a ORDER BY clauses hanging sessions. There are known problem in this area, but ORACLE are currenty checking if we uncovered a new or known problem.

I share the view that Oracle's normally thorough quality control seems to have slipped in 7.3. Having attended a recent Oracle conference I get the impression that Oracle are are making a shaky transition from master of character based RDBMS technology to jack-of-all-trades in various trendy software fields, GUIs, CASE, WEB, Java, OO to name a few.

My worry is that their excellence is being diluted.

James Powrie