Bugs in Oracle 7.3.2

From: Stephen A. Rodgers <trodgers_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/04/02

We've encountered some rather nasty optimizer bugs in Oracle 7.3.2 on Solaris. One of the bugs causes Oracle to core dump with either a SIGBUS error or a SIGSEGV error, neither of which is true. Then, as a result of the bug, the SGA becomes corrupt and we sometimes even lose indexes. I've applied a patch which helps somewhat, but yesterday I still got the abend. We are considering dropping back to 7.2 before we go to production. There appear to be far too many bugs related to Oracle's cost optimizer for us to continue, and 7.3.2.3 is not ready for Solaris yet.

Has anyone else encountered bugs with the 7.3.2 releases? I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Tony Rodgers
Prominence Consulting, Inc. Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST