Re: sqlload table order

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/03/31

jim nash wrote:

> When re-importing tables into a reorg'd database (via post 7.0
> SQL*LOADER), to avoid constraint problems it appears
> necessary to either disable constraints or to load tables in
> hierarchical order.
>
> Does anyone have a query that can be used to relate the order
> in which tables must be loaded?

  The *_DEPENDENCIES data dictionary views provide information about only the direct dependencies of objects. As a supplement, you can use a special dependency tracking utility to list both direct and indirect dependents of an object.

  To create the dependency tracking utility, you must run the SQL script UTLDTREE.SQL. The UTLDTREE.SQL script creates several schema objects.

  You can use SELECT * FROM deptree, SELECT * FROM ideptree afterward.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.