Re: zombie procedures

From: Laurie D. Miller <lmiller_at_lindy.stanford.edu>
Date: 1997/03/30

edwards_at_garland.dnr.state.sc.us wrote:

> I am running stored procdures through oracle webserver 2.0
> The problem is that whenever I interrupt the transfer, any locks
> held by the procedure remain in place as if the procedure is still
> executing. How do I kill it?
>
> I tried ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION
> is there another way?

We have run into a similar problem and have tried the same methods you have. In interesting, but possibly unrelated issue, is the last time this happened we saw a problem with the Web listener. When I stopped and restarted the Web listener, and the problem cleared up. We are trying to find a way to reproduce the problem, so we can report it.

Hope this helps,
Laurie.

BTW - please let me know if you find something else that works. lmiller_at_lindy.stanford.edu Received on Sun Mar 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST