Re: Disabling Redo Logs

From: <curtm_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/03/16

In article <33290FC1.64EF_at_spam.bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk>,

    Colin Polykett <polyketc_at_spam.bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk> wrote:

> Step 1 : Edit your init.ora file.
> Step 2 : Include the line (without quotes) : "_disable_logging=true"
> Step 3 : Claim your pay rise for the performance increase in your
> database.
> Step 4 : If anyone needs to recover anything.....go off sick/deny all
> knowledge.
>
> Health Warning : Using "_disable_logging" can seriously damage your
> database.

> These views are mine, all mine.
>
> Colin Polykett polyketc_at_bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk
> Open Systems ORACLE DBA

  The _disable_logging=true in init.ora does'nt seem to work. Here's   what I'm trying to do: First I make a full export on server A, then   move the export file to server B. On server B, add the line   _disable_logging=true to init.ora. Create a blank database, and start   the import. When I check the ALRT.LOG trace logs, I see that   there it's still switching redo logs, and the size and timestamp   of the redo logs indicate that redo is still being generated. Also   the rollback segs are growing. I would like to turn off,   both rollback and redo (not just archiving redo) temporarily for the   import, and then set everything back to normal. Is there an easy   way to do this ?? Received on Sun Mar 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST