Re: Disabling Redo Logs

From: Colin Polykett <polyketc_at_spam.bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/14

Brian Murphy wrote:

> sys.x$ksppi :
> if you check it out you will find out where you can disable them.
>
> you will speed things up but increase disaster rate
>
> it is possible but I dont think this forum should broadcast the technique
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian Murphy

Let's just tell them shall we ? If this forum can't broadcast the technique then which can ?

Or do we have to roll up our trouser legs and flash our right breast before we can mention it ?

OK folks are you ready.........

Step 1 : Edit your init.ora file.
Step 2 : Include the line (without quotes) : "_disable_logging=true"
Step 3 : Claim your pay rise for the performance increase in your
database.
Step 4 : If anyone needs to recover anything.....go off sick/deny all knowledge.

Health Warning : Using "_disable_logging" can seriously damage your database.

These views are mine, all mine.

Colin Polykett polyketc_at_bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk Open Systems ORACLE DBA Received on Fri Mar 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST