Re: Request : Batchjob sceduler for Oracle server7.3 on NT

From: <taylorkh_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/03/13

SoftBASE A/S <SoftBASE_at_post4.tele.dk> wrote:

>Hello everybody.
>
>I am in desperate need of a Batchjob sceduler for Oracle server7.3 on
>Windows NT4.0.
>This sceduler should be able to start large reports and stored
>procedures,
>possibly with a queue facility.
>I know that Oracle Enterprise Manager have this function, but i am not
>sure that they support it for Windows NT4.0.
>
>If anybody should know a third-party product, or have a way of solving
>my problem then I would be very grateful.
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jeppe Hansen

I am using NT Crond on Win NT 3.51 and 4.0 workstation to run various batch jobs. For the $25 share ware price it is a bargain. It also is supposed to run on NT server. If you can prepare a batch file to run your Oracle stuff (I have done this with SQL*Loader for example), NT Crond will run it.

The publisher is at http://www.ifdef.com/

After you download the evaluation copy and install it, read the following (their FAQ #1)

I have installed NTcrond 2.2, and have verified that the NTcrond service is running, but no jobs will run!

Please check the following -- it's not obvious! Ensure that the account that 'should' have tasks executing, has a little GREEN dot beside it -- NOT RED! Change this by clicking on an account, and the right-clicking the mouse. Then select the "Add to allow list" option. The color or the dot should change to GREEN, and you should begin to see tasks running.

Good luck,

Ken Taylor Received on Thu Mar 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST