Re: problems connecting with SQLNet 2 and Oracle on Netware + win95 clients

From: Nevin Hahn <nhahn_at_ENTENTE.UHCOLORADO.EDU>
Date: 1997/03/10

pilgrim_at_daimi.aau.dk (Jakob Gaardsted) wrote:

>We have a problem with the above, that is driving us nuts.
>
>Our client machines are running windows 95. Our servers
>are running Netware 4.10, with Oracle 7.2 and 7.3.
> We have no problems with SQL Net 1.0, which we have been
>running for years.
> But using/trying to use SQL Net 2 gives us all kinds of problems.
>On some machines it works, on others it doesn't. Fiddling
>with various 1.2.3.4.5.6, 1.5.4.3.2.1
>(the numbers are fake, but you get the idea) versions of
>client stuff modifies behaviour, but does not eliminate the problems.

Jakob,

Running both versions of SQL*Net causes problems. I would recommend using just one version. When I upgraded our Netware 4.1 box to Oracle 7.2 from 7.0 and tried running versions 1 and 2 of SQL*Net we had similar problems and going to solely to version 2 the problems went away.

Nevin Hahn Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST