ORA-03113 on Oracle for UNIX (Sun Server)

From: Jason Conrad <jconrad_at_DeltaWare.com>
Date: 1997/03/09

We recently deployed an app into a test environment (not developed with oracle products) using Oracle 7.3 on a Sun Solaris Server. The app runs fine except when we execute a particular Query and get ORA-03113. The manual says that SQLNet isn't configured properly. The trace file that this error generates lists an ORA-07445 message, which according to the manual is an O/S problem.

As far as we can tell the Server is configured correctly so the problem lies with Oracle, but we can't figure out just what the problem is.

Currently we have a support call into Oracle and are waiting a reply.

This is the first time we have ever had this problem and I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and found a way to correct it?

Anything I;ve found on the 'net suggest changing the parameters of the INIT<SID>.ORA file for the server (CONTEXT_AREA, DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS, etc.).

Any suggestions,advice would be grately appreciated. Received on Sun Mar 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CST