Re: ANALYZE command question.

From: Steve Lemme <rp1399_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1997/03/06

In article <331BBD89.7870_at_bhp.com.au>, Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au> wrote:

> Dana Stockler wrote:
> >
> > I am periodically running a batch job that dynamically
> > generates and executes a script which executes the
> > ANALYZE command on all of the tables in the database
> > (except user SYS% tables).

> > -
> > Regards,
> > Dana

If you dont want to use up all that temp space and what to reduce locking times on tables, you can use a product like PLATINUMS DBvision product.

You can selectively choose the objects that you wish to analyze at the times you wish to analyze them. This allows you to reduce the time objects are locked during analyze. You also get a variety of object statistics.

If you need more information, give peter meade a call at 1800 442 6861

Steve Lemme
DBA
Motorola

--