Re: System Management for Unix

From: Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/03/06

Hi KWIATKOWSKI,

First of all, I have to stated here that I only had experience of using CA Unicentre. After using this product, I think there is one of powerful features making my project successful. It is trigger. When I was assigned to download some data from a mainframe, this simplied my job very much. This trigger feature is not similar with RDBMS like Oracle. It is used to trap system event, such as file I/O, job status, etc. For my project, our system is passive during batch processing. We cannot expect when the job done in the mainframe finishes. We can only wait for the processed files. By the trigger, our problems can be solved.

I think this can give you some information for choosing the products.

--
Best Regards,

Reid Lai
mailto://reidlai@hk.super.net
http://www.hk.super.net/~reidlai

KWIATKOWSKI LARRY <KWIATKOWSKIL_at_SICDES.DNET.ETN.COM> wrote in article
<331B4A4F.A15_at_SICDES.DNET.ETN.COM>...