Re: ARCHIVE LOG MODE

From: Mark Bateman <batemam_at_bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/05

To get an archived redo log (provided it is enabled), perform one of the following:-

Alternatively shutdown/restart the database.

The redo logs are only archived if there is a redo log switch.

Using the command 'archive log list' within sqldba/svrmgrl will show you where the archives should be going to, and if you have the archive log mode set.

Using SQLDBA (or SVRMRGL) you should see something like the following:-

oracle_sid01> sqldba mode=line
SQLDBA> connect internal
Connected.
SQLDBA> archive log list

Database log mode              ARCHIVELOG
Automatic archival             ENABLED
Archive destination            /u01/oracle/admin/sv01/arch/sv01_arch
Oldest online log sequence     407
Next log sequence to archive   409
Current log sequence           409

SQLDBA> Mark Bateman