Re: Oracle Error - ProC

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/03/04

------------1EA46821195B8

Fred Hirschfeld wrote:

> I am getting the error :
>
>  ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error
>
> I have created several ProC applications which are being accessed
> through the internet.  These files we compiled on Oracle 7.2.?.? and
> they worked fine.  We now have Oracle 7.3.2 running and the
 applications
> will not run.  It gave several messages about not finding some DLL's,
> and so I copied these DLL's into the applications directory.  This
> solved that problem, but now I am getting the above error.  Any help
> would be appreciated...
>
> Fred

Is the connect string from the client using sqlnet V2 or V1. V1 will not work with 7.3.x.

------------1EA46821195B8

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Fred Hirschfeld wrote:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; I am getting the error :<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt;&nbsp; ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; I have created several ProC applications which are being accessed<BR>
&gt; through the internet.&nbsp; These files we compiled on Oracle 7.2.?.?
and<BR>
&gt; they worked fine.&nbsp; We now have Oracle 7.3.2 running and the applications<BR>
&gt; will not run.&nbsp; It gave several messages about not finding some
DLL's,<BR>
&gt; and so I copied these DLL's into the applications directory.&nbsp;
This<BR>
&gt; solved that problem, but now I am getting the above error.&nbsp; Any
help<BR>
&gt; would be appreciated...<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Fred<BR>

<BR></DT>

<DT>Is the connect string from the client using sqlnet V2 or V1.&nbsp; V1 will not work with 7.3.x.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>