SQL*Net error ORA-12542

From: Richard Hansen <hansenrd_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1997/03/01

A client of ours is receiving the following error at irregular times :

   ORA-12542: TNS:address already in use

Has ANYONE encountered this problem - do you have an answer/solution to make this go away?

I'm sorry, but I don't have much platform detail for you other than they're running Oracle 7.X on an AIX box. I can get this next week if necessary.

Thank you very much in advance for any help that anyone can throw my way. Received on Sat Mar 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST