Re: SQL*Net error ORA-12542

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com.no.spam.please>
Date: 1997/03/01

On Sat, 01 Mar 1997 14:06:28 GMT, hansenrd_at_cadvision.com (Richard Hansen) wrote:

>A client of ours is receiving the following error at irregular times :
>
> ORA-12542: TNS:address already in use
>
>Has ANYONE encountered this problem - do you have an answer/solution
>to make this go away?
>
>I'm sorry, but I don't have much platform detail for you other than
>they're running Oracle 7.X on an AIX box. I can get this next week if
>necessary.
>
>Thank you very much in advance for any help that anyone can throw my
>way.

12542, 00000, "TNS:address already in use" // *Cause: Specified listener address is already being used. // *Action: Start your listener with a unique address.

Hmmm......sounds like there's already an Oracle Listener process somewhere that is attempting to use the same Listener address.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sat Mar 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST