Re: Dummy question about SYS/SYSTEM-password

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/03/01

------------A7B7EDD51171

Coulier Patrick wrote:

> Hi Oracleguru's,
>
> I would like to know the easiest way to change the SYS & SYSTEM
 password
> on my system running ORACLE 7.3.2.3 on DEC UNIX 4.0B.
>
> Any help is very welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Patrick Coulier - Patrick_at_delight.be
> Delight Information Systems
> Oostende Belgium

Log in as a user that belongs to the "dba" group and do the following:

% svrmgrl

    SVRMGR> connect internal
    SVRMGR> alter user sys identified by <password>;

This assumes the database is up and running. You do the same for system to change the password.

------------A7B7EDD51171

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Coulier Patrick wrote:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Hi Oracleguru's,<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; I would like to know the easiest way to change the SYS &amp; SYSTEM
password<BR>
&gt; on my system running ORACLE 7.3.2.3 on DEC UNIX 4.0B.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Any help is very welcome.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Thanks in advance,<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; --<BR>
&gt; Patrick Coulier - Patrick_at_delight.be<BR>
&gt; Delight Information Systems<BR>
&gt; Oostende Belgium<BR>

<BR></DT>

<DT>Log in as a user that belongs to the &quot;dba&quot; group and do the following:</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>% svrmgrl</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SVRMGR&gt; connect internal</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SVRMGR&gt; alter user sys identified by &lt;password&gt;;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>This assumes the database is up and running.&nbsp; You do the same for system to change the password.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>